Your privacy concerns are important to the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care Prevention. This Policy is designed to provide you with the information you need to control your personal information.
1. You may use the Centerís Web site without giving us information that identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and similar information, unless you e-mail us. We refer to these types of information as "Personally Identifying Information."
2. The Center does not collect Personally Identifying Information about you unless you voluntarily provide such information. If you do not wish to provide some or all of the information requested on a screen, or if you have concerns about maintaining the confidentiality of any information, do not provide it.
4. The Center reserves the right to use, without Personally Identifying Information, any questions, comments or other information submitted by users of this Web site, in books, articles, commentaries, research or in other similar ways. You represent and warrant that you have obtained any consent or approval under any applicable copyright, trademark, intellectual property or other laws that may be necessary to publish or store this information on the Centerís Web site.
5. If you provide us with Personally Identifying Information, we will use it for the purpose for which it is given to us. For example, we will use Personally Identifying Information in order to respond to a request for further information. In the event that you provide us with any information that constitutes protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"), the Centerís HIPAA Privacy Notice will control the manner in which such information is used and disclosed by the Center.
6. The Center will take commercially reasonable security measures to protect Personally Identifying Information and/or security measures required by applicable United States laws, regulations and rules. The Center is not liable for disclosure of Personally Identifying Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
7. In making your decision whether to provide Personally Identifying Information, you should be aware of the general risks of transmitting information over the Internet. This Web site is not encrypted. In your use of the Internet, including copying or downloading of materials from this Web site (to the extent permitted), you are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your requirements for accuracy of data input and output, backing up of data, and protection from "viruses," "worms," "trojan horses" or other malicious or damaging computer programs, code or software. While the Center attempts to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with our site, we cannot guarantee that these efforts always will be successful.
8. If you visit a Web site that is linked to the Centerís Web site, you should consult that Web siteís privacy notice before providing Personally Identifying Information.
9. The Centerís policy is that the Web site may be used only by individuals over the age of 18. We urge parents to supervise their childrenís use of the Web site. We do not collect any information from children. However, if a parent learns that a child under age 13 has submitted Personally Identifying Information to our Web site, the parent should contact us and that information will be deleted.
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact the Centerís Chief Privacy Officer, Polo Ralph Lauren, 625 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10022.